Jami’s Super Bowl Fun Facts
The Super Bowl is one of the most watched and most anticipated sporting events of the year. Even people who normally don’t watch football tune in for the big game. Here are some little known facts about the biggest game of the year to impress your friends.
Did you know that 6% of Americans call in sick the Monday after Super Bowl? Also on that same Monday, antacid sales increase by 20%?
- 8 million pounds of guacamole is consumed on Super Bowl Sunday.
- 14,500 tons of chips are eaten along with that guacamole.
- The average number of people at a Super Bowl party is 17.
- 5% of Americans will watch the game alone.
- Of the top 10 most watched television programs of all time, 9 of them are Super Bowls.
- Budweiser has been the exclusive Super Bowl beer advertiser for the past 13 years.
- More drivers are involved in alcohol-related accidents on Super Bowl Sunday than any other day of the year (except St. Patrick’s Day), according to the Insurance Information Institute.
- 35% of people who attend the game write it off as a corporate expense.
- Over 700,000 footballs are produced annually for official NFL use and 72 of them are used for the Super Bowl.
- The Super Bowl has been played in south Florida 9 times.
- Super Bowl fans spend more than $50 million on food during the 4 days prior to the super bowl.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest winter grilling day of the year.
While I’m not to thrilled with this year’s Super Bowl matchup between the Giants and Patriots, I will definitely be tuning into the big game, and will also be one of those who spends tons of money on food! Don’t tell Livin’ Large, but I could also be part of that 6% that calls in sick on Monday!