Help a Great Cause at the Montana Autism Awareness 2nd Annual Silent Auction Fundraiser [AUDIO]
Montana Autism Awareness is gearing up for their 2nd Annual Silent Auction Fundraiser. It will be on Friday August 3rd from 6:00p.m. until 9:00p.m. at the Billings Sportsplex at 5000 Southgate Drive. There will be kids activities, cajun food, baked goods and fun for all. An autism speaks representative will also be there to answer any questions. If you can’t make it, that’s ok, you can still bid online! Just add yourself to the Montana Autism Awareness Group Page. Autism Awareness Activist, Susan Mauro joined me live on the morning show today with more details but because I don’t function so well in the morning, you all missed it so here it is!
Here’s some facts about autism that you may not have known from Autism Speaks:
- Autism now affects 1 in 88 children and 1 in 54 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- More children will be diagnosed with autism this year than with AIDS, diabetes & cancer combined
- Autism is the fastest-growing serious developmental disability in the U.S.
- Autism costs the nation $137 billion per year
- Autism receives less than 5% of the research funding of many less prevalent childhood diseases
- Boys are four times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism